Patent Expiration of Blockbuster Biologics Leading Splendid Growth of Global Biosimilars Created by rncos on 3/16/2012 5:30:22 AM
Globally, biosimilars are anticipated to witness US$ 2.5 Billion growth by 2015-end, growing at a double-digit rate, says RNCOS.
As per the latest research report published by RNCOS, titled “Global Biosimilars Market Forecast to 2015”, biosimilars offer huge opportunities to industry players in the biologics market. Despite being at the nascent stage and facing key challenges in terms of cost and patents, biosimilars are likely to grow at a double-digit rate to reach US$ 2.5 Billion by the end of 2015 backed by patent expiry of key blockbuster drugs, such as Avastin, Rituxan, and many others. Currently, though Europe dominates the overall market, major growth in future is expected to be from the US. Supportive initiatives by the government authorities of the US in the form of FDA legislation on biosimilars owing to the burgeoning healthcare cost will further propel the growth dynamics of the sector.
Research Analysis and Highlights
The report, “Global Biosimilars Market Forecast to 2015”, by RNCOS, spread in around 140 pages, provides an extensive research and in-depth analysis of the current size and future outlook of the Global Biosimilars Market. The report projects the future performance of key biosimilars, such as Erythropoietin (EPO), Human growth hormones (hGh), and Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) for 2012-2015. It analyzes the opportunity assessment for companies in the global biosimilars market in terms of key sub-segments and therapeutic areas.
Additionally, the report also effectively analyzes the current scenario of biosimilars and key countries of the world along with recent industry developments. Business profiling for industry players has also been included in the report to provide a balanced outlook on the potentials of the global biosimilars market.
Some of the key highlights of the report include the following:
- Of all the biosimilars drugs under pipeline, Monoclonal Antibodies (mAbs) are one of the largest and fastest growing segments.
- Cancer is the leading therapeutic area in terms of biosimilars development.
- With the recently established review process and regulatory guidelines, the US seems to be taking a renowned interest in the biosimilars.
- Accounting for around 33% of the global market, the G-CSF biosimilars amounted to US$ 103 Million market in 2010.
For FREE SAMPLE of this report visit: http://www.rncos.com/Report/IM379.htm
Some of our related reports are as follows:
- Global Regenerative Medicine Market (http://www.rncos.com/Report/IM363.htm)
- Global miRNA Market Outlook (http://www.rncos.com/Report/IM286.htm)
- Global HIV Therapeutics Market Analysis
- Global Gene Therapy Market Analysis (http://www.rncos.com/Report/IM282.htm)
Check Related REPORTS on: http://www.rncos.com/Healthcare_Industry.htm
RNCOS specializes in Industry intelligence and creative solutions for contemporary business segments. Our professionals analyze the industry and its various components, with a comprehensive study of the changing market behavior. Our accuracy and data precision proves beneficial in terms of pricing and time management that assist the intending consultants in meeting their objectives in a cost-effective and timely manner.
The comment feature is locked by administrator.